It is our desire to enable all students who attend MB Seminary to receive quality graduate theological education and be equipped to reach Canada and the world for Christ. With generous donations from donors within the Canadian Mennonite Brethren constituency, it is our goal to provide funding that recognizes academic excellence and/or financial need. All applications will be given serious consideration. For more information, contact Brian Cooper, MB Seminary Director of Student Development.
Financial Aid is provided in various ways:
1) MB Seminary Awards – Through the generosity of alumni, individual members of our MB constituency, and provincial conferences the seminary provides endowment awards, e.g. R Epp Family, Nathan Paul Toews, ICOMB, based on financial need and potential for ministry in the church or missions. Funds awarded are divided between the Fall and Spring semester within the academic year and will be applied directly to student accounts.
When allocating funds, new and returning full-time students (9+ credit hours per semester) at our Langley or Winnipeg campuses will be given preference over part-time students. Funds may be available for new and returning part-time students as well. Requests will be processed in the order in which they were received. The student must be enrolled in a degree program at MB Seminary in Langley or Winnipeg and maintain the GPA applicable for your program (minimum 2.5).
Financial Aid Deadline for 2017-2018 is JUNE 1, 2017
2) Leadership Training Matching Grant (LTMG) – The Canadian Conference of MB Churches (CCMBC) partners with our congregations in discerning and developing the leaders of tomorrow. CCMBC is committed to helping new leaders receive the education they need to succeed in ministry. CCMBC partners with the local church, each providing 25% of tuition. Students are responsible for the remaining 50% of their tuition costs. This applies to students enrolled in a degree program in Langley (ACTS Seminaries) and Winnipeg (Graduate School of Theology and Ministry at CMU).
The deadline dates for the 2017-2018 academic year are:
2017/18 New Application Deadlines:
Fall Semester: June 30, 2017
Winter/Spring Semester: October 31, 2017
Summer Semester: February 28, 2018
2017/18 Tuition Funding Detail Form Deadlines:
Fall Semester: July 31, 2017
Winter/Spring Semester: November 30, 2017
Summer Semester: March 31, 2018
Applications will be processed in the week following these dates.
3) Institutional Partner Scholarships – Students who are enrolled at MB Seminary in Langley or Winnipeg may also apply for academic scholarships. To learn more about the financial aid available, please visit the following sites:
4) Global Scholarship Fund – Are you an international Mennonite Brethren student planning to study at MB Seminary? The International Community of Mennonite Brethren (ICOMB) offers a Global Scholarship Fund to assist students in smaller or developing ICOMB churches to access higher learning. Click the link below to find out more.
5) Saskatchewan Student Seminary Incentive Bursary – Are you a member of an MB church in Saskatchewan and interested in graduate theological education at MB Seminary? You may be eligible for financial aid that has been set aside for Saskatchewan residents only! Email Director of Advancement Jeff Peters for more information.