Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (MACM) – 60 credit hours
Offers you biblical and theological training with a focus on pastoral ministry. Normally includes a theological field education component.
A baccalaureate degree from a recognized university or college with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (“B”). For full admission requirements, see the Admissions Requirements and Deadlines page.
30 credit hours
A minimum of 60 credit hours in the following areas
- Bible – 12 credit hours (minimum 3 ch of Old Testament and 3 ch of New Testament)
- Theology and History of Christianity – 12 credit hours (minimum 3 ch in each area)
- Practical Theology – 12 credit hours
- Ministry Formation – 9 to 12 credit hours
BTS-5330 Foundations for Christian Ministry
BTS-5340 Ministry Discernment Process
- Option for Supervised Ministry Experience – 6 to 9 credit hours including:
BTS-5910 Supervised Ministry Experience (6 ch) OR BTS-5920 Supervised Ministry Experience (9 ch)
- Option for Field Research – 9 credit hours including:
BTS-5900 Research and Methodology
BTS-6020 Field Research Project or Thesis (6 ch)
- Electives-as required to reach a total of 60 credit hours
1. Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 (“B”) to remain in the program and to graduate.
2. Courses offered by CMU faculty or by instructors visiting at CMU, whether on campus or online, will count toward the residency requirement.Â Courses taken by MB Seminary students from MBBSC to meet the MB requirements of their programs will also count toward the residency requirement, to a maximum of nine credit hours.
3. Students who have at least five years of relevant ministry experience may propose to embark on a Field Research Project or Thesis. Students who wish to choose this option must submit a proposal by April 30, one year before the student expects to graduate. Acceptance of the proposal will depend on the following criteria: (i) the strength of the proposal, (ii) the student’s overall academic performance, and (iii) the availability of a faculty member to serve as thesis adviser. Information regarding procedures for thesis writing can be obtained from the Director of Graduate Studies.
4. BTS-5330 Foundations for Christian Ministry must be completed within the first 30 credit hours of the program.
5. Students may include up to 6 credit hours of introductory biblical languages within the electives of the major from the following list:
LANG-5200 Elementary Biblical Hebrew I
LANG-5210 Elementary Biblical Hebrew II
LANG-5230 Elementary Biblical Greek I
LANG-5240 Elementary Biblical Greek II
6. Students may take up to 12 credit hours of field education provided that there is some variation in the location and type of field placement. At least 6 credit hours of Supervised Ministry Experience must be taken in residence at CMU. Students may take up to 6 credit hours of field education through another organization with a Letter of Permission. Programs outside of CMU will be evaluated on the basis of the nature of instruction, ministry experience, and supervision.