Join Mark (President of MB Seminary) and Jennifer Wessner as they lead a tour to Israel and Jordan in March 2022. Your experience with the Bible will transform from two-dimensional words on a black-and-white page to a three-dimensional full-colour immersive encounter—you will never read the Bible the same way again!
Questions about the financial or logistical elements of the tour should be sent to Susanne at Sunworld Tours. Departures are available from either Vancouver or Toronto. There is a minimum of 20 full-paying registrations for the tour to proceed and registration is limited.
Questions about the content, locations, etc. can be sent to Mark.
Itinerary summary – March 13-24, 2022
Day 1 – Travel from Canada to Israel (Sunday, March 13)
Day 2 – Tel Aviv – Coastal Plain (Monday)
- Arrive in Tel Aviv, tour of Jaffa (Joppa), welcome dinner at the hotel in Netanya.
Day 3 – Coastal Plain – Galilee (Tuesday)
- Caesarea Maritima, Mt. Carmel (Muhraqa and Jezreel Valley), Nazareth Village, Mount Precipice, Cana.
Day 4 – Sea of Galilee – Caesarea Phillipi (Wednesday)
- Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Caesarea Philippi, Magdala, Mt. Beatitudes (Sermon on the Mount).
Day 5 – Jezreel Valley-Jordan Valley-Samaria-Jerusalem (Thursday)
- Mt. Gilboa and Gideon’s Spring, Roman Decapolis city of Beth Shean, Tel Shiloh in Samaria, Sychar/Jacob’s Well (security permitting).
Day 6 – Jerusalem-Bethlehem (Friday)
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial, Bethlehem (Church of Nativity and Shepherd’s Fields), Valley of Elah, Emmaus, Shabbat at the Western Wall.
Day 7 – Jerusalem (Saturday)
- Mount of Olives, Garden of Gethsemane, Kidron Valley, Mt. Zion (Upper Room and Caiaphas’ House), marketplace in the Old City, Way of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, communion at the Garden Tomb.
Day 8 – Jerusalem (Sunday)
- Hezekiah’s Tunnel, Pool of Siloam, Israel Museum, shopping at Machane Yehuda and Ben Yehuda, Tower of David Museum Night Spectacular.
Day 9 – Judean Wilderness-Dead Sea-Eilat (Monday)
- Wadi Kelt and St. George’s Monastery, Jericho, Kaser El Yehud Baptism site on the Jordan River, Qumran, float in the Dead Sea, Ein Gedi, Masada, Red Sea Resort of Eilat.
Day 10 – Petra Jordan (Tuesday)
- Full day Tour of Petra.
Day 11 – Timna-Negev Desert-Tel Aviv (Wednesday)
- Timna National Park, Replica of the Tabernacle, Negev Desert, Beer Sheva, Ramon Crater.
Day 12 – Return to Canada (Thursday, March 24)
- Leave Tel Aviv and fly back to Canada.