The World Health Organization (WHO) assessed COVID-19 as a pandemic on March 11, 2020, and the province of British Columbia declared a state of emergency seven days later. Within this context, MB Seminary will continue its mission of educating and equipping people to help lead the church, while also abiding by current government regulations and the decisions made by our ministry partners. Please refer to updates below and follow the latest announcements from Trinity Western University in Langley, BC.
PHO Workplace and Post-Secondary Institution Safety Order updated as of September 3, 2021 for BC
COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines Update:
Updates in the September 8, 2021 version include:
- Confirmation that the full return to in-person learning is not dependent on the province transitioning to Step 4 of the BC Restart Plan.
- New and updated resource links including the Return to Campus Public Health Guidance.
- Proof of vaccination requirements for certain discretionary non-educational activities, events and businesses on post-secondary campuses.
- Mandatory mask requirements for indoor public areas.
- The BCCDC has also updated their Post-Secondary information webpage.
- The RTC Guidelines will continue to be updated periodically, as necessary, to align with evolving guidance.
Proof of Vaccination:
BC Vaccine Card
- The new BC Vaccine Card was launched on September 7, 2021 and will allow vaccinated people to show their proof of vaccination at higher-risk social and recreational events, and settings when new COVID-19 vaccine requirement rules take effect on September 13, 2021.
- Students living in on-campus student housing at B.C.’s post-secondary institutions will require:
- Partial vaccination (one dose) by September 7, 2021; and,
- Full vaccination (two doses) by October 24, 2021.
- Proof of vaccination is not required to attend in-person classes, seminars or tutorials, or to access on-campus cafeterias.
Verifying BC Proof of Vaccination
- Starting September 13, 2021 some on-campus events, services and businesses will be required to check a person’s proof of vaccination for access to their venue or space.
- Information on how to verify proof of vaccination, including how to download the verifier app for the BC Vaccine Card, is available online.
MB Seminary is committed to keeping our students, faculty, staff, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. To achieve that, we have:
- Adopted the Trinity Western University (TWU) COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan, as our offices are located on the TWU campus.
- Prepared a supplemental MB Seminary COVID-19 Safety Plan to be read and followed by all MB Seminary staff, faculty, and students. Please review this document and contact our Health & Safety Committee with any questions you may have.
- COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
- WorkSafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.
Trinity Western University:
For International Students: