The World Health Organization (WHO) assessed COVID-19 as a pandemic on March 11, 2020, and the province of British Columbia declared a state of emergency seven days later. Within this context, MB Seminary will continue its mission of educating and equipping people to help lead the church, while also abiding by current government regulations and the decisions made by our ministry partners. Please refer to updates below and follow the latest announcements from Trinity Western University in Langley and Canadian Mennonite University in Winnipeg.
PHO Workplace and Post-Secondary Institution Safety Order updated as of April 21, 2021 for BC
Changes were made to the PHO Workplace and Post-secondary Institution Safety Order to respond to an increase in community transmission and COVID-19 cases, and to support the WorkSafeBC requirement for COVID-19 Safety Plans to ensure consistent mask wearing in indoor common areas. This order does not have an expiration date.
- A student must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when in an indoor common area or a classroom in a post-secondary institution, subject to the exceptions noted in section 9.
- Employers must require workers to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth in indoor common areas.
- Employers must strongly encourage workers to work from their private residences, if possible, given the nature of the work involved.
- Visitors to indoor common areas continue to be covered by the face covering requirements in the Emergency Program Act Ministerial Order No. M012
Langley Campus COVID-19 Information
MB Seminary is committed to keeping our students, faculty, staff, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. To achieve that, we have:
- Adopted the Trinity Western University (TWU) COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan, as our offices are located on the TWU campus.
- Prepared a supplemental MB Seminary COVID-19 Safety Plan to be read and followed by all MB Seminary staff, faculty, and students. Please review this document and contact our Health & Safety Committee with any questions you may have.
- Closed the MB Seminary offices until it is determined that faculty and staff may return to work safely.
- Moved all of our student services and classes online.
Our offices are located in the Fosmark Centre at Trinity Western University (TWU). While the Fosmark Centre is open during this time, the following access protocols are in place:
- Access to campus is monitored by the TWU Welcome Centre.
- Sign-in/sign-out sheets are mandatory when entering the Fosmark Centre. Face masks and hand sanitizer are also required and provided at the entrance.
- MB Seminary staff and faculty only attend the University as necessary for collecting mail or documents from the office.
We eagerly anticipate the day when we can safely return to campus and gather in person. Until then, we remain committed to following BC government guidelines for COVID-19 safety, and will provide updates through this webpage.
Wishing you blessing and safety in these challenging times,
Director of Student Development, MB Seminary
Trinity Western University:
For International Students:
- Covid-19 related information from the Government of Canada
- More Covid-19 related information from EduCanada
Winnipeg Campus – Canadian Mennonite University
Please refer to www.cmu.ca/covid-19 for updated news and announcements from CMU.