Many questions have been raised since the Cannabis Act came into effect on October 17, 2018. Various resources have been developed within our family of MB Churches to provide guidance to those asking questions and looking for direction.
- Waking to Legalization: A Brief Theology of Dope – Rod Schellenberg (Hepburn MB Church)
- Substance Use and Addiction: What Can the Church Do? – Daniel Dacombe (The Messenger)
- A Pastoral Response to Legalized Cannabis – Brian Cooper (MB Seminary) and Matthew Price (North Langley Community Church) – panel discussion
- Can Christians Get High? – Michael Krause (Southridge Church) – sermon (navigate to Oct 28 in archives)
- Round Table: Legalized Marijuana – Chris Walker (Meadow Brook Church) created this resource to help people read, reflect, and pray about the topic in advance of their church’s round-table discussion.
- What You Need to Know About Cannabis – an overview of the health effects of cannabis, specifically the danger to those under the age of 25.
- Chemical Substances in Cannabis – an explanation of how THC and CBD impact a person’s brain; the table on this page lists different forms of cannabis and their potency.
Have another resource to suggest? Share your thoughts below by posting a comment.
[MB Seminary is the national seminary of the MB Churches of Canada.
MB Seminary’s Impact Report is available for you to download. The features in this edition include: Student Impact Story – Johnny Dodsworth explains how his education is fueling inspiration for…
Have you ever come across something that you thought was old and lifeless, but as you picked it up or touched it, you realized it was alive? Depending on what the “thing” was, you were either exci…
I was raised to never give up. An image was displayed on my family’s refrigerator door that I still remember. A heron is being choked by a mostly-swallowed frog who is gripping its predator’s neck…
Wherever you are as you read this, I want you to leave. I’m just joking—don’t actually leave! In your mind, though, leave this year (yes please, right?), leave your city, your work context, and …
Church finance updates can sometimes do more damage than good. The message often feels the same and can sound something like this: church giving is behind but there’s a chance to meet budget by the …