Many questions have been raised since the Cannabis Act came into effect on October 17, 2018. Various resources have been developed within our family of MB Churches to provide guidance to those asking questions and looking for direction.
- Waking to Legalization: A Brief Theology of Dope – Rod Schellenberg (Hepburn MB Church)
- Substance Use and Addiction: What Can the Church Do? – Daniel Dacombe (The Messenger)
- A Pastoral Response to Legalized Cannabis – Brian Cooper (MB Seminary) and Matthew Price (North Langley Community Church) – panel discussion
- Can Christians Get High? – Michael Krause (Southridge Church) – sermon (navigate to Oct 28 in archives)
- Round Table: Legalized Marijuana – Chris Walker (Meadow Brook Church) created this resource to help people read, reflect, and pray about the topic in advance of their church’s round-table discussion.
- What You Need to Know About Cannabis – an overview of the health effects of cannabis, specifically the danger to those under the age of 25.
- Chemical Substances in Cannabis – an explanation of how THC and CBD impact a person’s brain; the table on this page lists different forms of cannabis and their potency.
Have another resource to suggest? Share your thoughts below by posting a comment.
[MB Seminary is the national seminary of the MB Churches of Canada.